In Eugene on November 16th the Commodores were blasted by the Ducks, 74-48.
A note about the matchup: Last year, Vanderbilt won 78-64.
Oregon was just stronger in assists and three pointers.
Three-pointers were a crushing factor, with 18 points of the Oregon total coming from three-point range to 12 for Vanderbilt. Assists were a factor for Oregon, with 16 compared to nine for Vanderbilt.
Kyle Fuller played hard for the Commodores with 17 points in 37 minutes.
In the end, this was a tough early season loss for Vanderbilt, and based on the team's preseason expectations, it will be hard to overlook. The Commodores have fallen to 1-1 but with a lot of basketball left.
The next team up is Davidson on November 22nd.
- Vanderbilt started 1-1 during the 2011, 2008, 2001, 1998, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:28 left to go.
- Kyle Fuller accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Bright and Josh Henderson) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
Oregon Game Notes:
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (15).
- The top two scorers (E.J. Singler and Tony Woods) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- Arsalan Kazemi set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Damyean Dotson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Kyle Fuller